2-HR LIVE WEBINAR
A Step-by-Step Guide to ISO 9001:2015
John E. (Jack) West, Past Chair US TAG to TC 176 and Member of SC 2 WG on the QMPs
Charlie Cianfrani, U.S. Expert Representative to the ISO committee that wrote ISO 9001:2008 & ISO 9004:2009
The International Organization for Standardization has recently published an update to the ISO 9001 standard. The title of this publication is ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems – Requirements. This Standard has been widely recognized and embraced throughout the world with over 1,000,000 organizations independently certified as compliant with its requirements.
The 2015 publication is a major update to the Standard, the first since the 2000 edition, and it does incorporate a new structure, old requirements restated in new ways and what, to some organizations, will be perceived as new requirements. There are also many nuances in the current edition that organizations will need to consider when contemplating what changes, if any, are required to their quality management system (QMS) to ensure compliance with ISO 9001:2015 requirements.
This latest edition is very important to many organizations for several reasons. First, customers may continue to require demonstration of compliance with its requirements. More importantly it provides a model to enhance internal process effectiveness while also enhancing customer satisfaction. And most importantly, the processes it requires have been widely recognized as value-adding to organizational achievement of its objectives.
This Webinar is focused on providing an overview of the Standard to enable quality professionals and all other personnel of the organization to understand what the Standard says and what it means. It also will provide insight into approaches to achieving effective compliance as the organization transitions processes to ensure compliance with the ISO 9001 requirements.
The Webinar is presented by Jack West or Charlie Cianfrani, both experts who have held senior executive positions in quality management and P & L operations both domestically and internationally and have over 100 years of combined experience. Charlie and Jack have directly participated internationally in actually writing both ISO 9001 and ISO 9004 since 1990. Both Jack and Charlie are Fellows of the American Society for Quality and have had direct and complete responsibility for creating and implementing ISO 9001 compliant systems, not as observers or consultants or auditors but actually as the executives responsible for successful compliance and operation of the QMS.
This Webinar will cover at least the following key aspects of ISO 9001:2015:
- When will migration from ISO 9001:2008 be required
- How to set the foundation for the QMS by integrating the Quality Management Principles and the vision, mission and objectives of the organization into the QMS
- The implications of the “new” footprint for users i.e. Annex SL?
- The “change” to less specificity of requirements? More generic?
- “Change” in wording: different words but same meaning? Different words with broader or more restrictive meaning?
- Are there new requirements?
- Existing requirements expressed in a new way
- The content of the 10 Clauses of the Standard
- What are the areas should be contemplating now and why
- Understanding the concepts of “the organization and its context”, “the needs and expectations of interested parties” and how to “determine the scope of the quality management system”
- The change in wording from documents and records to "documented information" and the implications of this change
- Risk based thinking requirements and the interaction with corrective action and preventive action
- New requirements for top management leadership and the competence and awareness of staff
- Internal audit and certification audit implications
Participation in this Webinar will provide all staff engaged in implementing management systems processes and transitioning to current requirements with valuable insight into the contents of the Standard as well as an opportunity to ask questions related to what the standard means, what is the intent, how to effectively achieve compliance and how to approach consideration of requirements to ensure that the QMS is a valuable contributor to the sustainability of the organization.
Thursday, February 1, 2018
Thursday, June 21, 2018
Thursday, September 6, 2018
Length: 120 minutes
Who Should Attend
Whether you have an established Quality Management System or are just getting started, this webinar will provide you with a comprehensive plan for managing change in their organization. This webinar is highly recommended for Quality Professionals, Quality Managers, and Operations Executives.
John E. (Jack) West is a co-editor of the ASQ ISO 9000:2000 Handbook, and co-author of ISO 9001:2000 Explained, ISO 9001:2000, An Audio Workshop and Master Slide Presentation, Cracking the Case of ISO 9001:2000 for Manufacturing, Cracking the Case of ISO 9001:2000 for Service, How to Audit the Process-Based QMS, all published by the American Society for Quality, and Unlocking the Power of Your QMS. He also has produced the video programs on Internal Auditing Basics, Dealing with External Auditors, and Quality Basics published by INFORM and also available from ASQ. He was the 2003 recipient of the ASQ's Freund Marquardt Award for his work related to standards.
Charlie Cianfrani is an internationally recognized authority on quality management. He has held executive positions (Vice President-Operations, General Manager, Vice- President-Quality, Managing Director) in quality, manufacturing and general management in both private and public sector organizations.
He is currently a US Expert Representative to the ISO committee that wrote ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 9004:2009 and directly participated in the writing those standards. Charlie has presented or published over 100 technical and management papers locally, nationally and internationally. He has 7 books published by ASQ Quality Press co-authored with Jack West including the best-selling ISO 9001:2008 Explained 3rd Edition. His latest book with Mr. West on Quality management, ISO 9001:2008 Explained and Expanded, was published by Quality Press in December 2013.
After you register for a webinar, you will receive a confirmation e-mail containing a link to access the webinar.
Viewers of the LIVE webinar receive:
- Unlimited viewing of the recorded version of this webinar for 30 days
- One certificate of attendance for each PAID participant
- Get your specific questions answered in a live Q&A session during the webinar
- 100% Money-back guarantee
Viewers of the On-Demand webinar receive:
- Unlimited viewing of the webinar for one full year, including any updated versions
- 100% Money-back guarantee
A Step-by-Step Guide to ISO 9001:2015 Transition
“ISO 9001 is used by millions of people and organisations around the world and the upcoming 2015 revision will have a big impact on those who work with the standard.
The impact of this revision will be similar to, if not greater than the 2000 edition, which was a major change for accreditation bodies, certification bodies, training organisations, implementing organisations, procurement organisations, consultants and customers.”
An excerpt from IRCA Resources on “ISO 9001: IRCA Supporting the 2015 Revision”, October 2013