ISO 9000 & AUDITS WORLD CONFERENCE ABSTRACT
Leveraging the Value of Quality in Your Business Through ISO
The structure of ISO 9001:2015 can be used as a model for business structure. . Just looking at the high - level outline you can see the following basic business requirements.
• Context of the organization – This clause is focused on the importance of understanding your organization and aligning it to the strategic business plan.
o Define external and internal influencers.
o Who are the interested parties and what are they interested in?
o What are the key processes in your organization and how are they interrelated?
As you can see, this these considerations should align with the overall strategic plan whether it is a new business or a Fortune 500 organization.
• Leadership – When you evaluate clause 5.1.1, there are 10 elements defining the expectations of top management/leadership. . Again, these expectations are not just something that ISO expects. . These are expectations you would have for anyone in a leadership position within any organization. Consider looking at these requirements as skill sets for leadership and measure how your business rates today.
• Risk management and planning – This clause is all about making changes in a controlled manner with the appropriate levels of risk. . This was one of the early lessons I learned in MBA Schoolschool. . Every business executive I know makes decisions based on evidence and the appropriate levels of risk. . Additionally, this is where the business objectives are set to achieve the intended results.
• Support – Another basic business concept. . Every company/organization needs a strong infrastructure for support. . This includes resources, facilities, equipment, training, communication, and documentation. . Think of your business as a house under construction. There must be a strong foundation to support the structure of the home. . If you put the right processes in place, the business can grow with great efficiency and speed.
• Operations – Having set a strong foundation, it’s time to look at the processes necessary to produce product and support customers. . This will vary from business to business. . Whether you are manufacturing product, providing services, or both, there should be processes in place to ensure a high level of quality and consistency in the product. . In this section of the standard, you get guidance on design/development, purchasing and supplier management, actual production and release of product. . Essentially, these are all of the activities necessary to provide products and/or services to meet customer requirements.
• Performance and Evaluation – This area of the standard focuses on how to measure your business performance. . Having defined the your business goals and objectives, it is important to identify meaningful metrics that demonstrate how the key processes are performing. . As you work through this area, remember to address the meaningful few rather than the trivial many. Don’t define data or metrics for data sake.
• Improvement – The leadership of every company/organization should focus on improvements and how to make things better. . Nothing is ever perfect, so there will always be things that don’t go the way you expect. . Understanding root cause and implementing corrective action facilitates greater opportunities for growth and reduction in the cost of poor quality
Conference Chair's Message
The 2019 ISO 9000 & AUDITS WORLD CONFERENCE is focused on providing you and your organization with the information and tools needed to continue this drive toward excellence. This year’s conference will not only continue to prove relevant topics with leading experts in their respective fields, but it is.....read more