Sunday, February 6, 2022; 8 AM - 5 PM
Buddy Cressionnie, President, ASD Expertise, LLC, Trophy Club, TX, USA
Alan Daniels, QMS Strategy, Integration, and Industry Standards Management, The Boeing Company, Lake Stevens, WA, USA
Aviation, Space and Defense are trend setters in the world of standards. You will find many new requirements and concepts in ISO 9001:2015 that the lineage can be traced back to the AS9100 Series of standards. The new AS9100 series of standards has continued its evolution from a purely compliance orientated standard to one who's basis is still compliance by also provides a greater focus on measures and opportunities for improvement, while allowing greater flexibility in how we implement the requirements and how we demonstrate conformance.
In this workshop Buddy Cressionnie and Alan Daniels, two of the world's foremost experts in aerospace quality management systems, will take a look at the premier aviation, space and defense standards developer the International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG) and why their environment is conducive to an innovative approach to quality management system requirements.
We will delve into the 9100, 9110 and 9120 requirements and how the requirements meet the needs of an entire industry and its supply chain. With any standard revision there are always questions and areas where some clarification will help, so time will be taken to review the most frequent questions received and how the trends and data of the audit findings have progressed. This can be a very advantageous take away in helping to mitigating potential risks and improve your organizations ability to prepare for a successful audit.
We have some new tools to preview with the workshop attendees that will provide opportunities to improve your organizations regulatory compliance (can be applied to any regulations) and our Aerospace Improvement Assessment Model (AIMM), which has been getting good reviews and its completion is much anticipated by those who plan to use it both internally and as a flow down to suppliers in some cases. Understanding how to do self-assessment to target improvements for your organization can indeed take you to that always audit ready state of nirvana.
Both of these tools will be demonstrated and interactive sessions held to actually use the tools.
New tools, new data, new clarifications. Something for everyone, not just aviation, space and defense. The 9100 Series uses ISO 9001 as its baseline and is often looked at for future concepts, so it is safe to say there is something of interest for everyone.
L.L. “Buddy” Cressionnie is president of ASD Expertise LLC, with industry leadership positions of Americas Aerospace Quality System Committee (AAQSC) chair and AAQSC leader of requirements, projects and AS9100. He is active in standards development as a liaison member to the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) Technical Committee (TC) 176, including writing ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 9004:2018, and participating in the ISO 9001 Interpretations Committee.
Alan Daniels currently works for Boeing Commercial Airplanes in the Regulatory and Quality Systems Organization (RQSO). His position is Senior Quality Specialist of the Boeing Enterprise QMS Strategy, Integration and Industry Standards Management, as well as leading 9100:2016 (AS9100) support, training and transition activities within the Boeing Company and in support of all aviation, space and defense companies globally. International standards activities include:
• Leader/ Chairman - 9100 Series Team (AS/EN/SJAC) IAQG Document Representative (IDR)
• Leader/Chairman – “Requirements Strategy Stream” (24 Quality Standards) – International Aerospace Quality Group (IAQG)
• Convener/Chairman - ISO Technical Committee 176 Technical Group 01 “Communications and Product Support” (27 Quality Standards,TC 176 website)
• Chairman - US ISO Technical Advisory Group (TAG) 176
• IAQG AS&D Industry Liaison - ISO Technical Committee 176 “Quality Management”
• ASQ - Technical Program Committee (TPC)
• Director AS&D – ANAB/ANSI Board of Directors
• Director AS&D - PJR Board of Directors Mr. Daniels is one of the worlds foremost process management and quality management systems experts for ISO 9001 and 9100:2016. He is responsible for the advancement of process management strategy, development and the deployment of quality requirements and processes across the Boeing Company and throughout the world. Alan has 36 years’ experience in aerospace Quality, Manufacturing and Engineering.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Whether you have an established Quality Management System or are just getting started, this workshop will provide you with the knowledge to confidently implement a quality management system, as well as those interested in the advance skill levels associated with the AS9100, AS9110 and AS9120 quality management standards.